Thursday, October 23, 2008

YAY and NAY

Well we found out this past week or so that Todd will not be going to Iraq...(that's the YAY) But my brother is in Afghanistan...(that's the NAY) When he told us he was leaving I was very sad but then they kept delaying his leaving so I was thinking maybe they will cancel his deployment. But this past Monday he flew out, I found out and I just wanted to cry, I mean its my brother out there fighting for my freedom. I had to take a moment to pray and regroup.

Sometimes I wonder why people always want to go to war. Its always the civilians that want us to go to war, they don't understand the impact that war has on the families of the guys that are over there. They leave their comfort zone and go fight for them and some of them just don't even care, they are not even grateful. Me, coming from a military family and my brother and boyfriend in the military, want to tell these people to get a grip and I want them to see how hard it is. If they could walk in my sister-in-laws shoes or mine or my moms and see how hard it is on the families they would not be screaming for us to go to war, instead they would be begging for us NOT to go. But of course I cant make them understand because well they just wont.

I don't know what brought that thought on but it is always on my mind. I am very thankful that they serve to protect my freedoms. Todd, Robert, and my dad are all my heroes, I love them all and pray with all my heart that Robert comes home to his wife and son. But I am thankful that Todd is not going anywhere, and dad, well dad is retired so he ain't going anywhere either :)

Well that was my thought for today, I am going to bed now.

No comments: