Thursday, November 6, 2008

Stronger for it...........I think????

Ever thought that you pretty much had about all you could take and that nothing else go wrong in your life??? well I think we have all been there.....as a matter of fact I am there. I have been struggling with my arthritis for four years now and then school, graduation, flood, and now the process of rebuilding and more school ( just harder) and some other things that I have been struggling with has all been a little bit of a challenge. Well to make it all a little bit more fun, almost two weeks ago on Sunday my leg began to hurt, I thought it as nothing but everyday instead of getting better it got worse. I went to the doctor on Wednesday of that week and she thought it could be nerve related so she wanted me to do and MRI on the following Monday. She gave me crutches to walk with cuz I could barely walk on my left foot at all. I was so worried but I kept praying and having faith it would get better. Well my parents went out of town and my friend Shawna was staying with me and we went and did some stuff that weekend and I was feeling bad on Sunday so I tried to call in to work and not go but they were insisting that I come in. Well I called my nurse and talked to her about how it was doing and told her that at times it was turning purple and she told me I needed to go to the ER. So I hobbled to where Shawna was and told her we had to go to the ER. So we headed to the hospital. I called my parents and told them and called mu uncle to come up there with me. As I was in the ER I was worried and scared and didn't know what to think. The did x-rays and an ultrasound and still couldn't find why my whole leg hurt form my foot to my back. They gave me medicine and sent me home. I proceeded with my MRI on Monday and was doing a little better, well I could walk without my crutches. I went out with Todd and met his dad, went to school the next day and was ok. I decided that I would call yesterday and see if they had the results yet. They did.

I have a protruding disk in my lower back which was causing pressure and the pain. All I could do was sit there and cry. I don't need this I have enough issues is all I could say. This sudden feeling of fear and some anxiety came over me and I couldn't stop crying. I have and appointment with a Neurosurgeon this coming Tuesday and we will see what they say. I am very scared of the whole idea of surgery. But I know my God is bigger and he will give me strength. I just need prayer. I will make it through.

3 comments:

Royal Icing said...

I am so sorry that life is handing you so much right now. Just stay strong, and always believe in yourself. Daniel and I are praying for you, and we hope that everything goes ok at your appointment.

Empty Nester said...

I woke up this morning thinking about grace, so sat down with Power Bible to look it up. How could I consider what grace means without stumbling on 2 Corinthians 12:9, "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness." God's grace will be there to meet your need, and you will be stronger I KNOW it! You don't have to go through any of this alone...we are right beside you! :) Love you muches!

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

aww hugs sweetie! I know what livin in chronic pain is like so to then add insult to injury can feel like just too much to bear but we KNOW God is Able! :) Prayin for you sweetie :)

Mrs. Tami
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com