Friday, November 14, 2008

Learning how to bend...

There is this country song by Gary Allen called "Learning How to Bend" That is what I am learning these days. Learning how to grow up and be a better person, learning to deal with what life throws at me. Here lately that has been really challenging.

I like to often read books that give me insight. I recently found one on how guys think. Well it is more like what they want to find in a girl. It is called "Guys like girls who....." By Chad Eastham. I finished it today, it was a very good book. I learned alot in this one book. I have often had trouble with the whole relationship thing. I have said it before but I have a problem with the fear of losing the man in my life. One chapter talks about how the guy wants to be left alone sometimes and that is an issue I have met face to face. He says that the girl will often spend most her time thinking bout the guy and then when the guy doesn't spend most his time thinking bout her she gets upset. This does not actually mean that they guy doesn't like the girl any more (who would have thunk it??) Due to the fact that guys brains are like waffles and girls brains are like spaghetti (you just have to read this book) it only really means that the guy can only really focus on one thing at a time. See me for example, I can be thinking about 20 different things at one time and still be able to hold a conversation, Todd not so much! LOL he can only focus on one thing at a time. Which I find just completely amazing. And of course he finds it amazing that I can focus on more than one thing.

As I was reading this book I would come across something that the author said and would either text or call Todd and ask him if that something was really true. And of course he would say yes. Every time I would mention something about this book he would laugh and ask if there was a book about what girls want in a guy....I found that quite funny. But really this book had just caught my eye and I had to read it. It has been one of the best books that I have read on dating. Learning that a guy wants a girl that is comfortable being who she is and not trying to be someone else. Or a girl that is healthy and not afraid to say NO.

Also learning the difference between a "healthy guy" and an "unhealthy guy" was very enlightening. While reading about the difference in a healthy guy and an unhealthy guy I have been able to realize I have dated both and I am so glad I have a healthy guy now =) I know that reading this book will help me and Todd in our relationship.

I would definitely recommend this book to everyone one I know!!! I am gonna share it with all of my friends and maybe they too will find what I have found.


Well to continue on the learning how to bend thing, not only have I been learning in my relationships but also in my life in general. Learning to go with the flow and do what is required of me, not because I want to to but because it is necessary. Just because we want what we want as human beings doesn't give us the right to get what we want. We must learn how to bend even when we don't want to.

1 comment:

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

Wow! Sounds like a good book Kat! :) I have heard the analogy about the waffle brain of guys at a marriage conference Bobby and I attended with our Church.

praying you are feelin better,
hugs
Mrs. Tami
Noah and Celeste's mama
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com